Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets

Social Icons

Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Cafe Lidia


Café Lidia

64 Calderon St., Calumpang
Marikina City, Metro Manila
Philippines 

Cafe Lidia is open from 10:30 am to 11 pm from Mondays to Saturdays and from 3 pm to 11 pm on Sundays. 

 
About The Place:


Your feet will surely be honored to take you to a town made popular by its shoes, not just to "take a hike" but also to "take a bite".

I am talking about the city of Marikina. I just love how interesting this city is and I feel like I missed half of my life as a Marikeño when only recently that I discovered this particular cafe.

Café Lidia is just one of the hidden treasures of the Marikeños, but I heard it has already made a big impact to the city, and became so much popular now even to non-Marikeños. It is located along the narrow street of Calderon in Calumpang, Marikina City. It was our Uncle Phil who first brought us to the place. On our way there, I wasn't really that excited. I wasn't expecting much about the place but by the time we got there, I already sensed that an awesome dining experience is bound to happen. 

And so it did, courtesy of our Uncle Phil. :-)

Cafe Lidia looked absolutely like a perfect place for dates, birthdays, family get-togethers and other events that's why I told myself that I'm definitely gonna spend my birthday at that cafe with my family and other relatives. But that wasn't exactly what happened. The thing is, I could no longer wait until my actual birthday, so I ended up taking them to the place earlier than expected; It was the third day of June, and my birthday was not until the 12th of June but the cafe seemed to keep haunting me in a hungry way. I was craving BIG TIME! Therefore, I've decided to invite them out and throw myself a simple, pre birthday celebration. We all dragged ourselves off our homes to attend the Sunday mass and went to the cafe afterwards.

The Cafe had a very interesting interior, I couldn't help but to look around. I didn't mind looking like an ignorant little girl because the place was so captivating in way. I appreciated the atmosphere. There were fascinating vintage and modern pieces displayed. The cafe was also equipped with earth-toned furniture and the lighting was dim but appropriate and classy. It was mixture of old fashioned, fresh and modern look that definitely gave an appeal to our eyesight.


Finally! The FOOD!

The food was incredible. Cafe Lidia offers a wide array of appetizers, pasta dishes, rice meals, desserts, coffee and beverages on their menu. We enjoyed munching on their specialties and will surely come back for more Cafe Lidia experience. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and I'm pretty sure the food will absolutely bring some sort of excitement to your taste buds as well.  
 

ENTREES:


 Grilled Pork Belly

This is my personal favorite! I just love how tender, tasty and juicy grilled pork was. It was my brother who ordered this dish but I couldn't help but ask for a little piece from his plate. I was delighted.



Beef Salpicao



 Crispy Fried Boneless Chicken

Caught-in-the-act! I ordered their Crispy Fried Boneless Chicken and I couldn't wait for my brother to take a formal, untouched picture of the dish first. I just couldn't resist to try it out ASAP. It was so crispy-licious. But sort of wished I picked the Grilled Pork Belly instead.



 Parmesan Crusted Fish Fillet




 Sandwiches: (Served with French Fries)


 Cheeseburger





Clubhouse



PIZZA: 
12" thin crust pizza




The Service:

I was indeed satisfied by the cafe's service even from our point of entrance. The waiters were warm and friendly, not to mention the consistent smile on their faces. They were even standing attentively on their designated places all the while, ready to attend to our every need. Talk about special treatment!

And another thing I like about this cafe is, despite the classy ambiance and satisfying service, it is quite pocket friendly. I only paid around 3,500 PHP when I was expecting a lot more than that.
It's quite reasonable for 12 hungry persons.

The Restrooms/Parking Area:

A clean and well functional restroom plays a very important role to any restaurant. In this case, Cafe Lidia gets an A+. Although they still need to work on their parking area since the cafe is along the typical street where private homes are aligned and residents wander around, there isn't much space for many cars.

Over all, Cafe Lidia gets the spotlight!

You can reserve tables and inquire through 6477606.


THE MAP!






Let's TravelEat's Rating:







 

0 comments:

Post a Comment